We can prevent, reduce and end youth homelessness in Canada
This can happen if:
- The general public and decision-makers understand that youth homelessness can and must be ended.
- We adopt a Family First philosophy and ensure that young people and their families have access to the necessary resources and supports to reduce the risk of homelessness.
- All responses to youth homelessness, including Housing First, must be conceived, planned and implemented based on the needs of the developing adolescent and young adult.
- Communities, governments, organizations and interested individuals work together to support change (Collective Impact).
- Necessary resources – including affordable housing and youth focused supports – are implemented and lead to solutions to youth homelessness.
- Young people are engaged as active partners in developing solutions to youth homelessness.